When we left our RV (our home) and car in Washington a month ago, our hope was to get back to Washington before too long. However, that is not looking possible for the near future. So we are doing the limbo dance…actually, more like the Texas-Arizona shuffle, as we have been going back and forth between the two states.
Currently, Kimberly is in Arizona and Scott is in Texas. Thankfully, Scott is not the areas of Texas that have been so damaged by Hurricane Harvey. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in those areas!!
Adjusting our expectations, it looks like it will be at least until the end of September before we are finished going through Scott’s mother’s estate and have the house ready to be put on the market. And the situation in Arizona is ever-changing. Kimberly’s grandmother is in Hospice and we had to recently put her in a care facility as the care got to be too much for Kimberly and her mother. We also need to take care of Kimberly’s grandmother’s house.We have all our possessions down to what fit in the RV and a small storage unit for mementos and special items…and now we have two households filled to the brim to deal with! Basically, we are dealing with two family estates. It is overwhelming. Not just the stuff (and there is a hoarder’s amount of that), but the emotions and other family members involved.
All this to say, our RV days have been put on hold. Our future is uncertain. There will be more of the Texas-Arizona shuffle and then our best guess is that we’ll be spending the winter in Arizona.